freva.com collects and processes your personal data. We want to know you better and to adapt our products and services to your preferences as much as possible.
2. Who is responsible for the “processing” of my personal data?
Personal data that you share with us, whether explicitly or automatically, is collected and processed by or on behalf of freva.com BVBA, a company incorporated under Belgian law, having its registered office at 1150 Brussels (BELGIUM), Duivenschieting 85, registered under the company number BE0675880162.
3. Which data about me does freva.com process? How does freva.com gather this data?
3.1 Data gathered while creating a customer account or purchase order
As part of the services (such as selling products online or providing a customer account), freva.com collects and processes the following categories of personal data, always assuming that you decide how much you want to strengthen and “personalize” your relationship with freva.com. In principle, the data will not be collected from third parties, but will be directly requested, for example as part of the purchase of a product or service, participation in an investigation, competition or registration and managing your customer account:
- Credentials and contact information, such as your name, email address, language preference
- Payment data
- Other preferences and data you provide as part of the customer account
3.2 Data gathered while leaving a comment
When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
. After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
3.3 Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
3.4 Data gathered by the means of cookies
3.5 Data gathered by other the means
Information could be gathered from contacts with you as part of our services.
4. Why is freva.com processing this data?
freva.com collects, stores and processes personal data:
- to provide you with the products and services you have purchased or for which you have registered (customer account, newsletters or participation in a contest) and to be sure to be able to manage clients and litigation matters
- to inform you via e-mail or other channels about our products and services, including actions and promotions, or that are offered by freva.com’s business partners (in the latter only with your consent)
- to allow freva.com to better adapt its communication and its products and services to your preferences and to provide you with tailored information by using a profile that freva.com has obtained
- to answer to your comments and/or questions about your purchase of products or services
- to track the customer satisfaction
- to help ensure the safety of our customers and employees (via video surveillance)
- to prevent and detect abuse and fraud and to ensure compliance with our Terms and Conditions
- to fulfill our legal obligations, particularly in terms of accounting and tax
- for (general) market studies and analysis of the functioning and use of the website and mobile applications.
Processing for the purposes mentioned in (1), (4), (7) and (8) are necessary for the creation or execution of our agreement with you. Processing for the purposes mentioned in (2), (3), (5), (6) and (9) are necessary for our legitimate interests, to enhance and promote our products and services, as well as to provide an customized experience to our customers.
freva.com may use your personal data to contact you directly, by post, by telephone or electronically (for example by e-mail or SMS). In case of communication by e-mail, you will always be able to “unsubscribe”.
5. How long does freva.com keep my personal data?
freva.com keeps your personal data only for a period of time necessary for the described purposes.
Thus, the information concerning the purchases that you make or the questions that you ask us are in principle only preserved during a period of 2 years following the purchase / the treatment of your question. The data we keep to personalize our communication and keeping you informed of our products and services, are deleted 5 years after your last active interaction with freva.com. This avoids obsolete information being kept.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
We archive data for a period of 10 years, but only for evidentiary purposes in the case of litigation or to be able to respond to a legal request from a public authority.
At the end of the applicable retention period, the data is erased or made anonymous.
6. Does freva.com transfer my personal data to other organizations?
These providers may be given access to your personal data or other information related to these services. We allow these companies to process your personal data only to the extent that such processing is necessary to provide their services. We also ensure that these subcontractors guarantee an appropriate level of data protection security.
We only share your personally identifiable information and other non-automated data with other parties only if we have obtained your explicit consent to that effect, unless we are bound by law, a request from a public authority or a judicial decision.
In principle, your personal data is not processed outside the European Union and we ensure as much as possible that our “subcontractors” also respect this principle. If, in exceptional cases, they still process your personal data outside the EU, we ensure, through contractual or other measures, that the data has an adequate level of protection comparable to the level of protection applied in the EU.
7. Which rights can I assert with respect to my personal data?
Right of access, rectification, limitation of processing, deletion and portability of data
You have the right to obtain access to your personal data, to require rectification if the data is inaccurate or incomplete and to request their deletion. However, it should be noticed, that we can not always delete all the requests, for example when the processing of such data is necessary for the establishment, processing or defence of rights in court.
In addition, you have the right to obtain the limitation of treatment in the following cases:
- you dispute the accuracy of your personal data: in principle you can make the required changes via the customer account. Should any inaccurate data remain, the use of these data will be limited for a period of time to allow freva.com to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- the processing of your personal data is illegal: you oppose their erasure and require instead the limitation of their use
- freva.com no longer needs your data for initial processing, but it is still necessary for you to asses, exercise or defend legal rights: instead of deleting your data, their use is limited
- As long as no decision is made as to the assert of your right to oppose the processing of the data, you can request the limitation of the use of your personal data.
If you wish, it is possible to transfer the personal data you have actively provided to another service provider. This is what we call the “right to data portability”.
Right of opposition
Whenever the processing is based on a legitimate interest of freva.com, you have the right to object to it.
You have the right to oppose, at any time, without charge and without justification, the planned processing of your data for prospecting purposes, including profiling.
Right to withdrawal of consent
If the processing of your data is based on your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing based on the consent made prior to its withdrawal.
8. How can I assert these rights in practice?
As we have an honest and lasting relationship of trust with you as a customer, freva.com endeavours, to the possible extent, to give you control of the personal data through your customer account.
For more information, you can send us an inquiry by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
9. Who has access to my personal data?
Our team members have access to the information you provide us to help fulfil orders, process refunds and support you.
10. How do you protect my data and what data breach procedures do you have in place?
freva.com ensures your data remains secure and confidential, including data processed by a subcontractor. For this purpose, the appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to prevent the loss, misuse, alteration and deletion of your personal data. These measures are adapted according to the level of sensitivity of this processed data and the level of risk that the processing or implementation of it presents.
We are entirely using SSL/HTTPS throughout all our sites. This encrypts our user communications with the servers so personal identifiable information is never captured by third parties without authorization.
In case of a data breach, System administrators will immediately go through affected users and will attempt to reset passwords if needed after informing the user.
11. Who can I contact in case of questions or complaints?
If you have any questions, you can always reach our DPO by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the data protection authority for any questions or complaints: Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels (Belgium) / +32 2 274 48 00 / e-mail: email@example.com